The landscape of project management is changing.
Project management today is very different from 2005. There is more emphasis on efficiency and reporting.
It’s easy for people to lose track of the industry changes and the impact that this has on their projects. Here are 20 surprising statistics about how project management performs across industries.
1.Over 1 in 3 (34%%) projects lack a baseline. (Source: Wellingtone). Tweet the stat
1. For every $1 billion spent in the United States, $122 millions was lost due to poor project performance. (Source: PMI.org). Tweet this stat
3. 75% of IT and business executives predict that their software projects will fail. Source: Geneca. Tweet this stat
4. Within three years, 50% of all Project Management Offices close. Source: KeyedIN Tweet this stat
5. In the past year, less than a third (33%) of all projects were completed on-time and within budget. Source: Standish Group. Tweet this stat
6. Only 56 percent of project managers are certified. Source: Wrike Tweet this stat
7. A staggering 97% of organizations believe that project management is crucial to their business’s success and performance. (Source: PricewaterhouseCoopers) <